- 1. General information
- 2. Opening hours and prices
- 3. Tour topics
- 4. Additional offers
- 5. Our guides
- 6. Rules for visitors
- 7. Contacts
1. General information
The Museum of Islam was opened in 2015. The exhibition contains some gifts of foreign delegations and benefactors: model of the mosque made of canadian granite, piece of the special veil from Kaaba, uran made with silver, box-storage for Quran from India and copies of the oldest handwritten Quran from Tashkent and Istambul etc.
2. Opening hours and prices
The museum is open every day except Friday:
Opening hours and prices
- 1 group: 10.10-11.15
- 2 group: 11.15-12.15
- 3 group: 12.50-13.50
- 4 group: 14.50-15.50
- 5 group: 16.00-17.00
The excursion begins in the administrative building near the reception desk «Excurtions». It is impossible to pay with credit card; we receive only cash. We speak Russian, English, French, Tatar and Italian language.
Prices for usual visit:
You can also reserve an individual excursion in any available language. In this case, we will consider your personal requests (time, topics, etc.). Please, notify us in advance.
Prices for individual excursion:
|from 10 to 20||9000|
3. Tour topics:
During your visit you could learn more about:
- Muslim architecture
- Interior of the mosque
- Museum of Islam
- Everyday life of Moscow muslim community
We will also speak about:
- History of the Central Moscow mosque and muslim community in Russia
- Architectural features of the mosque
- What is Islam
- Pillars of Islam
- Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
- Ethics and morals of Islam
4. Additional offers
The Museum of Islam provides:
- Special entrée and wardrobe for tourists
- Elevator for disabled people
- Observation deck, 30m (please, reserve beforehand)
- Tatar national cuisine in the “Hayat” restaurant
Gold and silver souvenirs, Quran and it’s translations, books, organic cosmetics, oil-based perfume and other traditional products you can find in the «Barakat» store.
Parking (paying) is provided by «Moscow parking» on the Durova street.
5. Our guides
Vilpert Naila Tahirovna
Education: law faculty of International Independent University of Politics and Environmental safety.
Languages: Russian, Tatar, English.
Repina Vera Sergeevna
Education: tourism faculty of Baltic Federal University Immanuel Kant
Languages: Russian, French, English, Italian.
6. Rules for visitors
- Only the guides of the mosque provide the excursion
- Don’t take photo of the guide and other people in the mosque
- Don’t speak loudly
- Follow dress requirements
- Don’t wear the shoes in the mosque. Leave it in the wardrobe, please.
- Put on the shoes visiting the restroom
Metro station «Prospect Mira», pereulok Vypolzov 7 (administrative building). The Museum of Islam is situated on the 3 (2) floor of the mosque.
Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/mT4sUQ5QBU52
|Tel: +7 (495) 120-55-89,
8 (916) 088-45-61 - English
Tel: +7 (495) 120-55-89 – English